Documents & Dictionaries

Last Major Update August 27th 2015.

Last Minor Update: —

*Important Note on File Sizes:  The two full dictionaries linked here below are very large .pdf files (over100MB each) and as such might be very challenging to work with for some computers. For this reason a compressed version of these has been made available (4 pages per page), that makes searching for content easier and faster.

Alternatively you can download the Neo-Khuzdul Translation Tool (in MS Excel).  This tool allows the user to translate lines from English into Neo-Khuzdul, including phonetic and cirth script. Further info on this tool can be found HERE.

E-K CoverThe Dwarrow Scholar – DICTIONARY – English~Neo-Khuzdul

The Dwarrow Scholar – DICTIONARY – English~Neo-Khuzdul – COMPRESSED*

K-E Cover

The Dwarrow Scholar – DICTIONARY – Neo-Khuzdul~English

The Dwarrow Scholar – DICTIONARY – Neo-Khuzdul~English – COMPRESSED*

Support Documents Cover

The Dwarrow Scholar – Combined Support Documents

Separate Support Documents:

INDEX
1    Personal Pronouns (Updated)
2    Verb Stems and Tenses (Updated)
3    Verb Forms  (Updated)
4    Noun Types (3 Radical) (Updated)
5    Genitive Rule (Updated)
6    Tastes/Flavours
7    Negation and Affirmation (Updated)
8    Numbers
9    Interjections
10    Conjunctions (Updated)
11    Conjunctive Adverbs
12    Caret
13    Schwa
14    Crasis (Updated)
15    Gemination
16    Stress
17    Article
18    To Be – To Have (Updated)
19    Time
20    Elative – Sublative
21    -ul or ‘-u (Updated)
22    Compounds
23    Noun States
24    Borrowed Words
25    Varieties of Khuzdul
26    Alphabet
27    Lesson Plan (Updated)
28    Calendar Information
29    Calendar Overview
30    Measuring Units (Updated)
31    Measuring Weights (Updated)
32    Measuring Volume (Updated)
33    Idioms and Expressions (Updated)
34    Radical Index (Updated)
35    Parts of the Body (Updated)
36    Adverbs
37    Perfect and Imperfect
38    Imperative and Jussive (Updated)
39    Seasons and Feasts (Updated)
40 Place Names
41 Sentences (Updated)
42 Forms of Politeness (Updated)
43 Adjective Types (NEW)
44 Interrogative Words (NEW)
45 Insults (NEW)

Extra – I see fire (Ed Sheeran) – Neo-Khuzdul Translation

The Dwarrow Scholar – Video Lesson –  Level 1 – Grade 1 – Lesson 1 – Full Transcript

The Dwarrow Scholar – Video Lesson –  Level 1 – Grade 1 – Lesson 2 – Full Transcript

213 Responses to Documents & Dictionaries

1. Hello!

That isnt my website I only help them with my translations, and with my writings this is a roleplaying website DnD, DnD3…
    So in the past I started my khuzdul dictionary, collected words, from the film, and from the net. I maked a rudimentary khuzdul hungarian dictionary, but I searched another one what can dismiss my dictionary, because I dont have time to finish it and I am not a linguist who can finish it correctly. I found this website yet and I want to translate your dictionary to hungarian language. But the hompage where I can download I must pay for it so is it free or not? Beacause 9$ for us is a little bit much, could you send me these document in e-mail?
    Thx for your help

With my best regards!
    Janos Csongradi-Sebestyen.
    On the website you find mee like Berem.

2. Haggis says:

Hey this is awesome. How do i get on your mailing list?

3. Iris says:

Hello! May I please be added to the mailing list? Thanks!

4. Ren says:

Hello! I wish to be added to the mailing list also.
    Thank you!

5. Cassie says:

Hi!
    Just to tell you that you’re doing an amazing work here, and thanks for letting us learn more about this world that I’m sure a lor of people love (:
    Also, I would like to be added to the mailing list… please!!
    It’ll mean so much to me!
    Anyways, congrats for this great job here!
    Thanks! (:

6. Mo says:

I was wondering if I could be added to the mailing list? By the by, this is all astounding. My hat off to you, good sir.

7. Kajetan says:

Hey,
    Im intrestet about english-khuzdul dictionary but from this “scribs.com” i cant download for free… Can you shere or send my this documents so i can try to learn more obout Khuzdul?

PS: Im sory for my english becaouse im from Poland 😛

• Hi there!
      I’ll see to send you the documents available, once these are updated (still working on those).
      And no worries at all about your English… your English is way better than my Polish (which starts and ends at “Na zdrowie!”) 🙂

8. furion says:

Can u add me to the mailing list? I would by greatfull!

9. Zeke says:

Shamukh!

Well done for the work and effort you put into Khuzdul. Really good stuff you have here. Would appreciate it if you could add me to the mailing list too.

Akminruk zu.

10. Zack says:

I’d love to get on the mailing list, this is really awesome!

11. Tasha says:

May I just say that you are amazing for doing this? Because you are. This is utterly fantastic and you have got to be one of the most dedicated people I have ever seen. I cannot imagine the time and effort you’ve put into this, but it is appreciated. I would love to be put on the mailing list because this is definitely something I need in my life. Thank you so much for all of this and I hope you never lose the drive to keep doing it.

12. Karg says:

I must say, I do so admire dwarves, and your determination and perseverance to preserving their language. Might I be able to get the dictionaries?

13. Vreal Hashin says:

I would like to be included in that mailing list for the Khuzdul documents.

14. Sophea Ting says:

Hello. This is an amazing site for learning Khuzdul! Please add me to your mailing list. Thank you.

15. Jane M says:

Could you please add me in on the mailing list for the Khuzdul documents?

16. Zigil says:

I think there is a misprint in Rules to form verbs Document. At 12V) says “copy the vowel and place it between 2nd and 3rd rad.”, but the example is 1u2sh -> 12ish (kursh->krish). The correct sentence is “remove the vowel and add an “i” between 2nd rad and “sh”, is it?

Thanks for this amazing site, I’m doing my best to learn khuzdul with your lessons 🙂

• To be honest, since I published those documents (June last year) I’ve made so many updates to them it would be highly recommended to wait for the updates before you proceed. At the time I created a “system” that would allow for all of Tolkiens khuzdul language mechanisms, though looking back, it seemed very limited and provided challenges for expansions. Hence most of this “system” has been adapted and updated since.

So, apologies the updates are taking a bit longer than scheduled, but I promise that it will be worth the wait. 🙂

17. Flávia Santos says:

Hi!

Can you add me to the mailing list for the Khuzdul documents? i would be very grateful. Continue the awesome work love the youtube channel very helpfull =). thank you =)

18. Natalie says:

I didn’t even know such wonderful thing existed, but now I’m so eager to learn! I started learning Quenya ten years ago, but Khuzdul? I never even dared to hope… You’re doing an amazing, outstanding work here, thank you so much!

19. Larin says:

I found that I like learning languages, I’m currently teaching myself Japanese and will be starting Mandarin Chinese later this year. Recently I got hooked into Tolkien’s works and thought it’d be really fun to learn Khuzdul as well. I already posted for the updated dictionary, when you have it, and didn’t realize you had grammar documents as well. If it wouldn’t be too much trouble, could I be added to the mailing list for these documents too? You’re an amazing person for doing this, thank you.

20. Emma says:

Hey! I’m amazed at the time end energy you must have spent doing all this. Could I get on the mailing list please? Ta.

21. Susanne says:

You must have spent so much time working on these documents…simply amazing.

Could you add me to your mailing list by any chance? Thank you very much in advance 🙂

22. Coffee says:

Could I please get a copy of the Khuzdul documents sent to my email/added to the email list? These are incredible, and would be helpful to me. thanks so much for doing this!

23. Quendii Tyto says:

Greetings, I’ve been studying the languages that Professor Tolkien created for a few years now and I’ve recently decided to take up learning neo-Khuzdul and found this site in the process (which I have found very interesting by the way).
    I’d appreciate it very much if I could be added to the mailing list and thank you for running such a neat site as well.
    Quendii

24. Emily says:

I’m amazed at all the work you’ve put into this. Could you add me to the mailing list as well? Thanks!

25. Kyle says:

please send me the documents and both dictionaries, adding me to the email list also would be great. we are making a role play group and want to add Khuzdul to our languages. have a great day and thank you in advance Kyle

26. Chelsea says:

Your Khuzdul work is amazing, and I’m really loving studying it. Could you please add me to the mailing list?

27. Julie says:

I’d love to be added to your mailing list as well. Cheers!

28. Diego says:

Hi, your Khuzdul lessons are simple amazing! Could I be added to your mailing list?

29. Oininen says:

Perfect. Well done Kandral!
    I am looking forward to get a little “present” from you in my mail :o)
    (Everything you’ve got: Dictionaries, Lessons, Encyclopaedia, Tools … will be highly appreciated)

Truly amazing work! By the most congenial obsessed person I have ever met.
    I have never thought if learning Khuzdul, I was always thinking about Sindarin or Quenya.
    But now, with your thorough and neat work, it is more likely that I will be speaking Khuzdul before the other two. Cheers!

• Cheers.

Doing my best to finally put the finishing touches on the documents in question.
      My PC is still in the shop for the moment though, so will have to wait a bit longer.
      Though rest assured they are on their way. 🙂

30. Anahkemar says:

Could I be added to the mailing list? I find developed fantasy languages fascinating and have already started learning Quenya and Sindarin. Khuzdul would be a great addition to my linguistics exploits. Thanks!

31. Midisound says:

Sign me up as well! I’m looking forward to any Dwarfen knowledge I might gather.

Very nice website btw

32. Swash says:

Hey, great job with the website.
    And if its not too much, could you add me to the mailing list please?
    I’m always looking to learn something new!
    Thanks so much for all your hard word, I (as well as many others) totally appreciate it 🙂

33. I’d like to be on your mailing list as well. As a writer, I am always looking for language resources for inspiration for place-names and names of characters.

34. unionjackbrolly says:

Hey, are you still doing this mailinglist thing? Because, I’d love to be able to look at this in detail. As a linguist and Tolkien fanatic I cannot put into words how happy it makes me to see this sort of astoundingly detailed work.

35. Laura says:

I would love to get on your mailing list also, I am so glad I found your site and can see all the hard work that went into this.

Thanks

36. Jp says:

I’ve been looking around the blog, and I’ve come to love your work and dedication. If possible, I would like to be included in the list for the documents.

37. John says:

This information is great if I could added to the email list so I can get the files emailed to me that would be wonderful.

38. Gerda Quist says:

I am standing in awe seeing your wonderful work on the Dwarven language and culture! Shamukh! Please, add me to your mailing list. I would love to receive the documents. As a RP addict I’m trying to learn Khuzdul. Thank you so much for your fantastic work!

39. Lferion says:

This is amazing work. Thank you so much for doing so much!

I would love to be on the mailing list.

40. Zach Pelfresne says:

This is a wonderful collection of nerdom you have here, and I was hoping you could add me to the mailing list as well. Thanks and keep up the great work.

41. Mickers95 says:

This is amazing! I was hoping to be able to get on your list as well. That is if it is not to much trouble.

42. Hoyt says:

I would love to put on the mailing list if thats possible. Thank You!

Dayamu Khuzan-ai menu!

43. Grunior says:

I really would appreciate being put on your list, too. Thanks for the enormous ammount of work going into these documents!

44. Dother Barazturg says:

I humbly request to be added to the mailing list

45. Vorran says:

I would love to be added to the mailing list.

46. Amli Kazral says:

Shamukh, I would like to be added to the mailing list. My friend and I are excited about learning Neo-Khuzdul.

47. Rokna Thranakar says:

Greetings! I would like to be added to your mailing list, I find all of your lessons a great help to practice with my friend. Thank you.

48. Agda Lanzarini says:

I would like to be added to the mailing list, please.

And thank you for the hard work, I can not measure how happy I was when I discovered that someone had the initiative to do this. My role play group uses a lot of what we learn here!

49. Maya says:

Hi,
    I was wondering if you could add me to your mailing list as well.
    Languages and linguistics are a great passion of mine and as a student of i.a. Arabic Khuzdul is very interesting to me, unfortunately I don’t have the funds to buy them off scribd at the moment.
    Your work and your articles on this blog are wonderful, I enjoy browsing on here whenever I have the time.
    Thank you very much in advance!

50. Alex says:

Hi, I’d love to be added to the mailing list as well! I love learning different languages (sadly, nothing in the Semitic family as of yet), and what you’ve done here is really impressive!